Why Do I Need UM On My Auto Insurance Policy?

January 28, 2022

Unfortunately in the State of Florida, there are only two requirements to have an automobile legally registered to drive.  These two requirements are (1) Property Damage and (2) No Fault (i.e. P.I.P. or Personal Injury Protection).  In other words, there is no requirement as of today for Bodily Injury (BI) coverage.  Thus, if you get injured by another party in an auto accident and they do not have Bodily Injury, you are in trouble!!  Unless you protect your family with Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage on your own policy!  Check out other areas of this website for information regarding UM protection.

Have You Been Injured In A Florida Car Accident?

If you’ve been hurt in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced Florida car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Coral Springs office directly at 954.755.7803 to schedule your free consultation. We proudly serve Florida residents including all of Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County and all points in between.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!